ORRLCA Memorial Scholarship
The Oregon Rural Letter Carriers Association has established a scholarship fund in the amount of a minimum of $1000 dollars and is to be awarded annually to a son, daughter
or grandchild of an Oregon Rural Letter Carrier, who is a member of the ORRLCA.
This award can be used by a student desiring post high school education, including a 2 or 4 year college or university, with a
minimum of 12 units per quarter or a vocational/technical career schooling at full-time status.
The Following Guidelines Have Been Established.
- Applicant will complete a brief application form, which includes
the applicant’s full name, date of birth, and home address. The name of the ORRLCA sponsor and address. Sponsor’s name will be verified by the ORRLCA Secretary/Treasurer.
- The name and address of the college, university, vocational or technical
school the applicant is attending or plans to attend must be listed on the application.
- The applicant must be unmarried and not yet reached the age of 23 by August 1st of the year the award is issued.
- All eligible applicant
names will be placed in a container at the State Convention and two names will be drawn.
- The first named applicant will be notified of the award. If the first named applicant is unable to attend school or is disqualified that year for any reason,
the second named applicant will be notified. If the applicant has already received a scholarship award from the State Auxiliary (for the same award year), then the second named applicant will receive the scholarship award.
- A check will be issued to
the college, university, or technical/ vocational school, of the applicant’s choice once verification is received by the State Secretary/Treasurer.
- If the student leaves school, without cause, the money must be returned to the ORRLCA/ Scholarship
Fund. Such cases will be reviewed by a Scholarship Committee appointed by the State President. The Committee’s decision will be final regarding the return of the money. In the case of sickness or death, the family will not be required to return the scholarship
funds. Application will be due by June 1st, of each award year. Caretaker of the Scholarship is the State Auxiliary Secretary/Treasurer to be paid by the State Secretary/Treasurer of the ORRLCA.
Applications may be obtained from any State Officer of the ORRLCA or ORRLCA Auxiliary or by writing to
To: State Auxiliary Secretary/Treasurer
Chuck Bauer - 16941 S. Howards Mill Rd. - Beavercreek, OR 97004
Or see attached PDF